Blockchain & Crypto Media Snapshot – June 2019
With so many sources of news and information, it’s hard to sift through the noise and keep up with quality coverage of blockchain and crypto news — even for PR pros like us. So to help on this front, we’re creating monthly media snapshots that track industry mentions in top-tier mainstream and trade outlets.
You can check out the June snapshot here. Each report is interactive. Clicking on specific data points will pull up coverage from that moment in time or outlet.
Here are a few quick takeaways and highlights:
- Facebook & Libra ate up coverage in June
- 21% of trade coverage mentioned Facebook’s Libra project
- 47% of mainstream coverage mentioned Facebook’s Libra project
- Social Sharing & Distribution – know which outlets get share where to reach the right audiences
- Mainstream coverage is nearly twice as likely to be shared on Facebook as it is on Twitter
- But, trade coverage is shared 3x more on Twitter than on Facebook.
- Timeframe – June 1-30, 2019
- Mainstream Outlets – New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Financial Times, Bloomberg, CNBC, Forbes, Fortune, Quartz, Axios, TechCrunch, The Next Web
- Trades Outlets – AMBCrypto, Cointelegraph, CCN, CoinDesk, The Block, Ethereum World News, Bitcoinist, Bitcoin News, NullTX, ETHNews, Trustnodes, Brave New Coin, Bitcoin Magazine
- Keywords – cryptocurrency, cryptocurrencies, crypto, bitcoin, blockchain