EdTech Media Snapshot – June 2019
With so many sources of news and information, it’s hard to sift through the noise and keep up with quality coverage of EdTech news — even for PR pros like us. So to help on this front, we’re creating monthly media snapshots that track industry mentions in top-tier mainstream, tech & startup, and trade outlets.
You can check out the June snapshot here. Each report is interactive. Clicking on specific data points will pull up coverage from that moment in time or outlet.
Here are a few quick takeaways and highlights:
- Social Sharing and Distribution
- Across mainstream, tech and trade outlets, edtech-related articles are shared the most on Facebook above any other social channel.
- Outlet Breakdown – Mainstream and tech outlets aren’t covering the space often.
- Out of 134 total articles in June, only 16% were in either a mainstream or tech outlet.
- Timeframe – June 1-30, 2019
- Mainstream Outlets – New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Financial Times, Bloomberg, CNBC, Forbes, Fortune, Quartz, Axios
- Tech & Startup Outlets – TechCrunch, Fast Company, Wired, The Next Web, VentureBeat, The Verge
- Trades Outlets – Campus Technology, Education Week, EdSurge, Inside Higher Ed, EdSource, Hack Education, Education World, EdTech Times
- Keywords – edtech, ed-tech, educational technology, education technology