A.I. Media Snapshot – July 2019
Each month, we compile an A.I. media snapshot that tracks industry mentions in top-tier mainstream and tech/startup outlets. The snapshot is interactive and clicking on a specific data point will pull up coverage from that moment in time or outlet.
- There were a total of 2,119 mentions of A.I. in our July snapshot with nearly 2 in 3 mentions happening in mainstream outlets.
- Nearly half of the mainstream mentions were on Forbes.com. As the New York Times recently reported, Forbes has about 200 journalist on staff but nearly 3,000 contributors. This means that content is being churned out at an incredible rate at Forbes, but it may not always be the best quality of reporting. Coverage in other mainstream outlets may provide better exposure.
- Reddit is where AI articles in tech outlets get shared the most on social media.
- Timeframe – July 1-31, 2019
- Mainstream Outlets – New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Financial Times, Bloomberg, CNBC, Forbes, Fortune, Quartz, Axios
- Tech & Startup Outlets – TechCrunch, Fast Company, Wired, The Next Web, VentureBeat, The Verge, MIT Technology Review
- Keywords – AI, A.I., artificial intelligence, Deep Learning, Reinforcement Learning, Neural Net, Machine Learning, Deep Reinforcement Learning